With bulkier DSLR cameras becoming less of a focus, Canon has aimed to capture the essence of smaller sized models comparable to compact system camera but with the quality and features present in DSLR, which is precisely what the EOS 100D is.
- Create superb 18 megapixel images with a fully-featured, responsive DSLR that's small enough to take everywhere
- Easy to use: Scene Intelligent Auto analyses the conditions and picks the optimal camera settings
- Compose using an optical viewfinder or a large Clear View LCD II Touch screen
- Continuous focusing when shooting Full-HD movies with Hybrid CMOS AF II. Create edited clip sequences in camera using Video Snapshot
- Be artistic with Creative filters. Extra Effect Shot captures a filtered and unfiltered shot simultaneously
- David Busch
- Cengage Learning PTR
- Edition no. Spi (2013-09-25)
- Spiral-bound: 176 pages
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+
- 9-point AF with one center cross-type AF point
- Standard ISO: 100 to 6400, expandable to 12800
- Wi-Fi and NFC supported
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- The high quality lithium
- The camera battery is compatible with a wide range of your cameras.
- The trusted solution to your camera power problems, the Duracell Lithium-ion Rechargeable Camera Battery
- Extenal Dimension: 190mm(H)x150mm(W)x130mm(D), Internal Dimension: 160mm(H)x130mm(W)x110mm(D), Colour: black,durable and protective.Net weight(Including strap):260g
- Two zipped front pouch and two side pouches for batteries and other accessories.
- adjustable shoulder carrying strap,Zipped protective overlap closure.One extra rain cover to protect you camera from the rain and water.
- With inside detachable divider to adjust the inside space for camera, lens and accessories.
- Package Includes: One camera case, one strap,one rain cover.
It is one of the smallest and lightweight DSLR models currently on the market, which also means it has managed to keep a very reasonable price. As a DSLR, it comes with all the stylings and features you would expect to find, but just in a small, compact model.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 18 MP
- Canon EF- S Lens mount
- 3-inch LCD Touchscreen, 1,040,000 dots
- 1080p Video Resolution
Straight off the bat, the most notable aspect of the Canon EOS 100D is its compact size. Around 25 percent smaller and lighter than most other DSLR models, the 100D has all the same stylings and most importantly, offers high quality images you would expect to find from a larger DSLR.
In fact, the only interior electronic that hasn’t been downside is the all-important sensor. The 100D features an APS-C sensor which is unchanged in size, offering a great 18 million pixels. The sensor itself is a CMOS, Canon’s second generation sensor present in models such as the EOS 650D and EOSM.
This is capable of an IOS range of 100-12,800, which can be further extended to 25,600 in additional settings. It includes phase dedication pixels which helps assist with autofocus when capturing videos or making use of the Live View.
As these autofocus points can cover around 80 percent of the sensor, it provides a focus that is much more accurate throughout the frame.
With features like as creative functions and a number of digital filters, the 100D is a fine option for any beginners looking to try out photography. For instance, functions such as Kids’ mode or Food mode will appeal to many budding photographers as they are simple to use.
Additionally, a range of digital filters will allow users to take a great number of diverse images. These can be viewed prior to actually capturing the image thanks to the Live View shooting mode that renders them on the LCD screen before taking the photo.
Also, modes such as Dual Shot Mode offers the chance to take two images, one with and one without the filter, so you can decide on keeping which ever you prefer. This is great for any beginner that is trying their hand at different filters, as you can easily change your mind on any that don’t appeal!
While the D100 is comparable in size to compact system cameras, it managed to make room for an optical viewfinder. This offers a fantastic 0.87 magnification along with an impressive 95 percent coverage, showcasing the great quality on offer for such a small model.
Unfortunately, the smaller size does come with a setback. That is, the battery is understandably smaller, offering around 380 shots according to Canon. Still, given how easy it is to travel with and the quality of the images, the D100 more than makes up for this.
Some may not like the fact the 1,040k dot LCD screen is fixed and that the 100D lacks Wi-Fi, but these are nit-picks more than anything.
With the standard Canon EF-S lens mount, the 100D can be used with EF and EF-S lens from Canon, which will certainly appeal to any long-term Canon users. Of course, as an entry-level camera you may not have any, but the 100D lens mount means you can easily add more should you continue to improve.
The Canon EOS 100D is a great entry-level DSLR camera. Compact and lightweight, it has a dependable sensor that results in top quality images and video, and there are plenty of simple yet fun features that will appeal to beginners and budding photographers everywhere.