With bulkier DSLR cameras becoming less of a focus, Canon has aimed to capture the essence of smaller sized models comparable to compact system camera but with the quality and features present in DSLR, which is precisely what the EOS 100D is.
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4+
- 9-point AF with one center cross-type AF point
- Standard ISO: 100 to 6400, expandable to 12800
- Wi-Fi and NFC supported
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: Li-ion Battery; Voltage: 7.4 V，780mAh,;CE approved,ROHS Compliant Certification and UL Listed;Meets or exceeds OEM standards;30 Months Warranty
- Fully Decoded Version: Show Battery Level in Camera LCD; Can charged by your original Charger or Non-original Charger
- 100% compatible with original battery.Can be charged by both original and Non-original charger
- The charger is Equivalent to the Canon LC-E12 Charger, Charges the Canon LP-E12 Battery in Approx 2-3 Hours
- Box Contains: 1 x USB Charger, 1x USB Cable, 2X LP-E12 battery
- Replace Canon LP-E12 battery,Fully Compatible with Canon EOS M/EOS-M/EOS 100D Digital Camera. Completely compatible with all your camera's canon original equipment including the Canon charger.
- Battery Type: li-ion; Voltage :7.2V,5.6Wh
- Hold charge much longer and low self-discharge; Consistent power even in colder conditions!
- Fully Decoded Version: Show Battery Level in Camera LCD. Overcharging Protecting and No Memory Effect.
- CE Approved and ROHS certified. Grade A cell and Quality IC chip supports long life!Communicate well with your camera. Can be charged by Canon charger. 3 Year Warranty. Box Contains: 2x LP-E12 battery
It is one of the smallest and lightweight DSLR models currently on the market, which also means it has managed to keep a very reasonable price. As a DSLR, it comes with all the stylings and features you would expect to find, but just in a small, compact model.
- APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 18 MP
- Canon EF- S Lens mount
- 3-inch LCD Touchscreen, 1,040,000 dots
- 1080p Video Resolution
Straight off the bat, the most notable aspect of the Canon EOS 100D is its compact size. Around 25 percent smaller and lighter than most other DSLR models, the 100D has all the same stylings and most importantly, offers high quality images you would expect to find from a larger DSLR.
In fact, the only interior electronic that hasn’t been downside is the all-important sensor. The 100D features an APS-C sensor which is unchanged in size, offering a great 18 million pixels. The sensor itself is a CMOS, Canon’s second generation sensor present in models such as the EOS 650D and EOSM.
This is capable of an IOS range of 100-12,800, which can be further extended to 25,600 in additional settings. It includes phase dedication pixels which helps assist with autofocus when capturing videos or making use of the Live View.
As these autofocus points can cover around 80 percent of the sensor, it provides a focus that is much more accurate throughout the frame.
With features like as creative functions and a number of digital filters, the 100D is a fine option for any beginners looking to try out photography. For instance, functions such as Kids’ mode or Food mode will appeal to many budding photographers as they are simple to use.
Additionally, a range of digital filters will allow users to take a great number of diverse images. These can be viewed prior to actually capturing the image thanks to the Live View shooting mode that renders them on the LCD screen before taking the photo.
Also, modes such as Dual Shot Mode offers the chance to take two images, one with and one without the filter, so you can decide on keeping which ever you prefer. This is great for any beginner that is trying their hand at different filters, as you can easily change your mind on any that don’t appeal!
While the D100 is comparable in size to compact system cameras, it managed to make room for an optical viewfinder. This offers a fantastic 0.87 magnification along with an impressive 95 percent coverage, showcasing the great quality on offer for such a small model.
Unfortunately, the smaller size does come with a setback. That is, the battery is understandably smaller, offering around 380 shots according to Canon. Still, given how easy it is to travel with and the quality of the images, the D100 more than makes up for this.
Some may not like the fact the 1,040k dot LCD screen is fixed and that the 100D lacks Wi-Fi, but these are nit-picks more than anything.
With the standard Canon EF-S lens mount, the 100D can be used with EF and EF-S lens from Canon, which will certainly appeal to any long-term Canon users. Of course, as an entry-level camera you may not have any, but the 100D lens mount means you can easily add more should you continue to improve.
The Canon EOS 100D is a great entry-level DSLR camera. Compact and lightweight, it has a dependable sensor that results in top quality images and video, and there are plenty of simple yet fun features that will appeal to beginners and budding photographers everywhere.