Sony introduced the Alpha DSLR range consisting of three different models to provide consumers with some great options for affordable yet quality DSLR cameras. The A300 fits primarily in the middle of the other two (A200 and A350) in a sense that it has features present in both, remains very affordable at an entry-level price, yet doesn’t feature quite the same picture quality as the most expensive.
- Note: This type of CF II card set's Thickness is 5 mm, pls check your camera connector!
- SD Card stores completely into the CF card adapter
- Converts SD memory cards into CF Type II card interface. Fits into CF type II Slot.
- Works w/ PDA, digital camera, printer etc. High-Speed CF interface w/ extreme performance
- Supports SDHC MMC SDHC SDXC. SD 3.0 ready accept extFAT file system on Windows.
- Battery type: Sony NP-FM500H ** Compatible with:
- Sony DSLR-A200 (?200 - Alpha 200), A300 (?300 - Alpha 300), A350 (?350 - Alpha 350), A450 (?450 - Alpha 450), A500 (?500 - Alpha 500), A550 (?550 - Alpha 550), A560 (?560 - Alpha 560), A580 (?580 - Alpha 580), A700 (?700 - Alpha 700), A850 (?850 - Alpha 850), A900 (?900 - Alpha 900) ** ** Sony SLT-A57 (?57 - alpha 57), A58 (?58 - alpha 58), A65 (?65 - alpha 65), A77 (?77 - alpha 77), A99 (?99 - alpha 99) **
- This battery cradle allows you to charge the batteries of the listed devices. You may charge the battery by connecting the battery cradle either to the mains socket, the cigarette lighter or the USB-port of any PC/Notebook/Powerbank. IMPORTANT: You may NOT connect the supplied micro-USB cable directly to your digital camera. It is only to connect the supplied car & mains adaptors to the battery cradle. It will also fit to all devices using a Micro-USB port (such as most of the actual mobiles).
- Polyester carry case, handle, shoulder strap and belt loop, 190 x 220 x 160 mm, 330 g
- Includes handle, shoulder and belt strap
- Additional storage for media and lens cap
- Durable black polyester design
- Fits Sony cameras: ILCE7, ILCE7M2, ILCE7S, ILCE7R, ILCE7RM2, ILCE7SM2, ILCA77 and ILCA68
- Brand new and high-quality USB Mini-B 5-Pin Cable
- Connectors: USB Type A Male to Type B Mini 5-pin Male ; Length: 6 feet
- Make plug and play connections with cellular phones, MP3 players, digital cameras and PDAs
- Transfer rates up to 480Mbps depending on USB version. Foil and braid shielding reduces EMI/RFI interference thus ensuring high-speed, error-free data transfer.
- Compatibility: Cellphone, MP3 Players, PDAs, Digital Camera with Mini B 5-pin jack.
- High quality plastic snap-on 55mm lens cap
- Provides speedy attachment and removal
- Compatible with the Sony Alpha Series (A99, A77, A58, A57, A65, A55, A 390, A100, A33, A900, A850, A700, A500 A330, A300 A230, A200) DSLR cameras with 18-55mm, 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.4 lenses.
That doesn’t mean it isn’t lacking in plenty of great features or that the picture quality isn’t fantastic – far from it!
- APS-C Sensor
- Sony/Minolta Alpha Lens Mount
- 7 Tilting LCD Screen, 230,000 screen dots
The A300 features the same 10.2-megapixel APS-C sensor that was present in Sony’s original DSLR, the A100, and this is the very same sensor present in the A200 as well.
This may not be as many megapixels as similar models from other manufacturers, but the A300 still provides some nice additions that help it to stand out. Also, the sensor is found in many fine entry-level models throughout the market, and it offers very good image quality with fine detail.
The fact that the A300 features Sony’s impressive Live View mode is well worth noting. This allows users to view any live image on the rotating LCD screen and can be easily activated by hitting the switch on the top of the camera.
In addition to this, the Super SteadyShot anti-shake system is really effective and will be appreciated by beginners and more skilled users alike. Similarly, the user interface is simple enough to use.
A main dial allows you to change through typical exposure modes (program auto, full auto manual, aperture and shitter priority) as well as various scene modes that are regularly used. Changes to the exposure are simple enough too thanks to the adjustment wheel present in front of the shutter button.
Likewise, you can find a number of handy shooting parameter that can be easily adjusted at the touch of the button on the back. Modes include flash, metering, autofocus, autofocus area, and white balance.
The autofocus is particularly impressive, and is actually the same as in the costlier A350. Fast and accurate, it performs very well in low light conditions too.
Sony’s Alpha A300 is a fine option for an entry-level DSLR. Cheaper than the A350 and with only a slightly lower picture quality, the A300 performs well and has fantastic handling. There plenty of handy features and image quality is decent too.
For anyone looking for an affordable and dependable DSLR, the A300 is definitely worth considering.